MEET DR. AIMEE KAMAT, MD
CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER
Dr. Aimee Kamat MD, graduated with a Bachelor of Science, she then worked as a Registered Nurse at the Hospital for Sick Children as a pediatric burns and plastic surgery nurse. Following this Dr. Kamat received her Doctor of Medicine degree from University of Sint Eustatius. She then completed a Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine before completing her anesthesiology Residency at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine Department of Anesthesiology. Since 2008 she has been an Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Dr. Kamat is also a current Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology.
- Research Fellow, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Resident Physician of Anesthesiology, Jackson Memorial Hospital Miami, FL
- Doctor of Medicine UNIVERSITY OF SAINT EUSTATIUS SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
- AMA-American Medical Association
- FSA-Florida Society of Anesthesiology
- Diplomate of the ABA-American Board of Anesthesiology
- Association of VA Anesthesiologists
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow Dept. of Anesthesiology UM/JMH
- Candiotti KA, Birnbach DJ, Lubarsky DA Nhuch F, Kamat A, Koch WH, Nikoloff M, Andrews D.
- The Impact of Pharmacogenomics on Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting: Do CYP2D6 Allele Copy Number and Polymorphisms Affect the success or Failure of Ondansetron Prophylaxis.
- Anesthesiology 2005; 102:543-9.
- Candiotti KA, Kamat A, Barach P, Nhuch F, Lubarsky DA, Birnbach DJ. Emergency Preparedness for Biological and Chemical Incidents – A Survey of Anesthesiology Residency Programs in The United States. Anesth & Analg 2005; 101: 1135-40.
- Candiotti KA, Nhuch F, Kamat A, Deepika K, Arheart K, Birnbach DJ, Lubarsky DA.
- Granisetron vs. Ondansetron Treatment for Breakthrough Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting After Prophylactic Ondansetron Failure. Anesth & Analg 2007;104: 1370-1373.
- Dave, SP, Polak M, Kamat A, Casiano RR. Secondary Analysis of Microdebriders Used in Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery. Laryngoscope; 2005: 115(9): 1641-1645.
- Candiotti KA, Kamat A, Nhuch F, Lubarsky DA, Birnbach DJ. Treating PONV Ondansetron Prophylaxis Failure: A Comparison of Redosing with Ondansetron vs Granisetron.
- IARS,Honolulu, HI, March 2005.
- Candiotti KA, Kamat A, Nhuch F, Lewis M, Barach P. Biological and Chemical Terrorism Preparedness – A Survey of Anesthesia Training Programs in the United States. American Society of Anesthesiologists (A-1316) Las Vegas, NV, 2004.
- Candiotti KA, Nhuch F, Kamat A, Lubarsky DA, Birnbach DJ. Pharmacogenomics Affects Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting: The Effects of CYP2D6 Allele Frequency on Ondansetron Prophylaxis Failure. American Society of Anesthesiologists (A-1611) Las Vegas, NV, 2004.
- Salom E, Mendez L, Lambrou N, Kamat A, Gomez-Marin O, Ghurani G, Mirhashemi R, Almeida Z, Penalver M, Averette H. Bulky Stage IB2 Cervical Cancer: Feasibility and Survival With Surgical Management VS. Radiation Alone. Society of Gynecologic Surgeons 2003 Scientific Meeting.